Monday 2 December 2019

Weekly Update: November 24 to 30

Weekly word count: 1327
Editing countdown: 42 chapters edited

I am almost done editing Division.  I've been concentrating on that this week.  Luckily, the last few chapters have been really straightforward to edit.  I spent so long on the initial drafts that there's not much that needs to be changed, only a little tightened up.

Once Division is done, I'll be taking another look at Best Face Forward.  And continuing my work on Until Proven Guilty.  Lots of stuff to take care of.  Plus, there's some other stuff that happens in December... can't quite put my finger on what.

Last week's Tarot reading is still somewhat of a mystery to me.  I drew the 10 of coins reversed (restructuring), the 9 of cups reversed (reviewing my life), and the 4 of staffs reversed (unexpected complications).  I spent some time thinking about my life, my family and my career, but the complication came as a surprise (which seems obvious in retrospect).  I've been dealing with a thorny issue with my son's school and we found out last week that one of the staff who have been supporting him will be leaving for another job.

This week's reading began with the 8 of coins, a card of apprenticeship and learning; the 7 of staffs reversed, which advises to persist despite opposition, and the Page of Cups reversed, which signals problems with a child or escapism.  From that, I would guess that the issue at school will be ongoing.

Luckily, I am very good at being stubborn and not giving up.

No comments:

Post a Comment