Monday 2 September 2019

Weekly Update: August 25 to 31

Weekly word count: 2489

It's been a challenging week recovering from FanExpo.  I had a lot of fun but it was a long drive and there were some logistical challenges with where I was staying.

I spent the week feeling exhausted.  I went to bed early and still could have napped through the day.  I started to worry that I was getting ill but there was no fever or other symptoms.  I was just worn out.

I didn't start to feel like myself until I had a full day of no pressure.  No day job, no writing, no working on social media posts.  Just a quiet day of recharging with one of my favourite romantic comedies (Music and Lyrics) and some good books (Mercedes Lackey's Mage Storm trilogy and Sharon Page's An American Duchess).

It's a reminder of the importance of taking time to recharge.  I'm glad that I'm feeling much better now.

And even more excitingly, those 2489 words let me finish the first draft for Division.  There's still work to do before it goes to the editor, but that's mostly small things compared to having gotten the first draft finished.  I'm going to leave the manuscript for a few weeks and then get it ready for a developmental edit.

Meanwhile, I can get started on Until Proven Guilty, the second book in the Special Investigations Case Studies series.  Plus another project I've been working on, one that I was doing some research for while I was at FanExpo.  


No comments:

Post a Comment