Monday 19 August 2019

Weekly Update: August 11-17

Weekly word count: 5237

A pretty good week.  Not only did I make my word count but I also crossed something off my household to-do list.  I'd promised my 15 year old that we could repaint his room.  He'd chosen his colours (a lovely Hunter's Green with a sage for the trim and doors).  This week we got it all done.

It's such a nice feeling being able to actually say something is done.  It feels like I've had a lot of things on my lists for a very long time and I haven't been making much progress.

I'm also looking forward to the kids heading back to school soon.  Next week, both kids will be at camp, which will hopefully give me some more time to make progress on writing.  And then the last week of August will probably be busy with getting the back-to-school stuff.

Then it's the most wonderful time of the year...  :)

The other big thing I'm looking forward to is Fan Expo next weekend.  Not only are there tons of awesome guests (like Jason Momoa and Brandon Fraser) but I've never been to the Toronto event before.  It's going to be so exciting to get to meet new readers and hang out with the MythHawker folks.

The only question is whether or not my books will arrive in time from Ingram... (I have stock but I'd ordered some more, just in case.)

No comments:

Post a Comment