Monday 17 September 2018

Weekly Update: September 9 to 15


Weekly word count: 6 253

Things are moving a little better writing wise this week.  I'm managing a decent average and I've got a much better handle on the third Spirit Sight short story.  I'd been trying to do it without a central ghost story and realized that was ultimately hurting the pacing and emotional impact.  I was trying to have multiple small paranormal encounters instead of one big one but it ended up feeling like the supernatural side was an afterthought.  I'm much happier with it now.

On Saturday, I had a lovely day with Tanya Huff.  I've been organizing the ORWA event for several months and I was really pleased with how well it all came together.  She gave a fantastic talk full of great advice for authors at all levels.  And most importantly, I think everyone had a good time and no one felt rushed or isolated.  We had a great guest turnout with lots of new faces, hopefully they'll come back.

I also got some very exciting news this weekend but professional discretion means I can't quite share it yet.  As soon as I can, I will be announcing it everywhere I can.  But it's got me feeling much better about my writing and myself.


No comments:

Post a Comment