Monday 8 August 2016

Weekly Update: July 31 to August 6

Weekly word count: 13 chapters, wrote over 22k

A very productive week but alas my writing holiday has come to an end.  As of this week, I go back to having to juggle kids and my day job as well as trying to finish Inquisition.   There are approximately 10 chapters left and I no longer have anything prewritten that I can mine to keep things moving at a quick pace.  I'm still setting myself a goal of a chapter a day (around 2500 words).

I also have another temptation, an opportunity to participate in a Behind the Mask Superhero Anthology.  They're looking for short stories in the "real lives" of superheroes, which is right up my alley.  I have some short stories and fan fiction which I think I can adapt, but they need substantial reworking.  If I'm going to submit, then I think I should make sure that my stories are set in the world of the lalassu.

I also have the deadline for Rose on the Grave lingering over my head.  I want to release the story in time for Halloween, which doesn't give a lot of spare time for the rewrites which need to happen on it.

It's going to be a busy summer and fall.  I also have to get ready for Can-Con, which I'm very much looking forward to.   I met a lot of great authors last year and had a great time in the vendor room.  I have to get my promo items together and make sure I have enough books in stock.

Phew, I think I need another vacation.


2 comments:

  1. The anthology would be worth doing. I have often discovered new to me authors in anthologies that I bought because I liked some of the authors.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree. If I can put together a good story, then I'll definitely be submitting. Sleep is an optional thing, right?

      Delete