Monday 9 September 2019

Weekly Update: September 1-7

Weekly word count: 5600

Always fun to start a new project.  I'm working on book 2 of Special Investigations.  I had an outline, but some things changed between writing book 1 and getting book 1 published, so I've had to substantially change what I was planning to do.

Nonetheless, I am enjoying the heck out of playing with new characters and new scenes.

There are a lot of intense things going on personally for me right now.  I'm having to spend a lot of time fighting for my child to get the help he needs at school, which is emotionally draining.  And legal issues which need to be dealt with surrounding the separation from my ex-husband.

It is astounding how many organizations will ask for documentation, then decide that documentation is not good enough and ask for still more documentation.  And yet, I can't see how the new documentation they're requesting is any more rigid than the previous set (i.e., if they think we've faked the first set, then faking the next set would be just as easy).  It reminds me of insurance claims that keep asking for paperwork.  They don't actually care about it, they're just hoping that the claimant will give up under the repeated requests.  But I'm stubborn and I don't give up, even when all the evidence suggests I should.

I also signed up to judge the RITAs for 2020.  I won't be submitting my book, but I'm committed to making sure that all books submitted to the contest have a fair shake (which hasn't always been true of the judging in the past).  Hopefully I get some good entries.

No comments:

Post a Comment