Monday 29 October 2018

Weekly Update: October 21 to 27 - Writers' Retreat (With Photos)

Weekly word count: 20 559

That is almost an entire month of my usual word counts done in one week.  It was an incredibly productive week on the beach and I didn't feel like I was burning myself out or rushing.  


It's actually given me some real insight into how I might be able to work when (hopefully) I can transition to writing full time.  Right now my biggest challenge was that I generally only do detailed plots for a few chapters ahead and I'm used to having at least a day between scenes to think about what I want to do next.  


However, I found that taking a short break after I finished a scene worked well for me.  I went for a walk on the beach, got something to eat (if it was a meal time), watched 30 minutes of a movie or show on Netflix, and then I got back into the writing groove, ready to go.


Starting on Thursday, I'll be participating in Nanowrimo and while I don't think I'll quite hit the 50 000 mark, I'm setting myself a goal of 45 000, which should allow me to move much further along for book 5.  And meanwhile, I'll be dreaming about the beach for next year.


No comments:

Post a Comment