Monday, 15 January 2018

Weekly Update: January 7 to 13

 Weekly word count: 6690

Actual progress: less than that if you count total words in Deadly Potential so far.  However, this is how my writing process works.  For every final word in a book, I've written at least two others that got deleted.

I usually do at least four drafts of a manuscript before it's ready to go into anyone else's hands.

It is nice being able to write again.  I've probably got another week or two before I get my content edits back and then it's back to both writing and editing at once.

However, I've discovered another issue: self-induced insomnia.  For years, I've kept myself on a strict sleep schedule because I discovered many, many years ago that if I stay up past a certain point then I'm not getting to sleep before two or three in the morning.  And since I have to get up at oh-my-god-it's-early in the morning, then I end up with a critical sleep lack.

Over the last few months, I've been staying up late to write because my day job expanded its hours. And now I'm paying the price in that even if I go to sleep on time, I'm up until two or three.  Give me some time and I'll get my schedule back on track, but for now, it's a challenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment