Monday 18 November 2019

Weekly Update: November 10 to 16

Weekly word count: 4975
Editing countdown: 22 chapters edited

It's been a productive week writing-wise, especially considering that I didn't do any writing or editing on Friday.  (I knew it was going to be a creatively dead day since I had a lunchtime meeting that I knew would be emotionally draining and require some time to process after, so I pushed a little harder Monday through Thursday and then took my time to relax on Friday.)

I've really been enjoying the new seasons of New Amsterdam and 9-1-1.  For new shows, Prodigal Son and Dickinson are my current favourites.  I find it very relaxing to explore new stories (even if a large proportion of them end up being variations on police procedurals).  It's fascinating to watch different characters interact and see variations on the plots unfold.

Last week's Tarot reading was The Wheel, reversed, the 3 of Cups and the King of Swords, which I interpreted as good news coming from a person in a position of authority.  I did get some helpful legal advice from a lawyer about a family challenge I've been dealing with, but I wouldn't exactly call it celebratory news.  Still, it will hopefully allow me to move forward and with luck, this emotionally draining situation will be resolved.

This week's reading is Temperance, reversed (obsession), the 2 of Wands (preparing for change) and the Page of Wands (taking daring action).  There are certainly a number of situations in my life which require a significant amount of time and attention (though I'm not sure any of them would count as obsession).  I am working on establishing better boundaries for these situations, so that I can be less stressed about them, so maybe that's the preparing for change part.  We'll see about the daring action.

Meanwhile, it's going to be working hard on getting the edits for Division done as well as moving forward on writing Until Proven Guilty.

No comments:

Post a Comment