Monday 14 January 2019

Weekly Update: Jan 6 to 12

Weekly word count: 5983, 6 chapters edited/rewritten for Division

It's been a pretty significant week for me.  I decided it was time to begin draft 2 of Division, the story wasn't stable enough to keep going.  I'll be able to keep most of what I've written but there are a few plot elements that weren't working out and I've got some ideas that will work better.

I made some good progress on the rewrite but it's going to have to go on hold for the next little while because I got my first round of edits back from Soul Mate Publishing.  

This is my first time working with a publishing house editor and I'll admit that I'm nervous.  I want to do a good job and be a good author to work with.  They'd like the manuscript trimmed down, so it'll be a challenge but I've got some ideas on how to tighten it up and which subplots can be removed.

It's pretty exciting to get moving on this.  I'm looking forward to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment