Monday 2 July 2018

Weekly Update: June 24 to 30

Weekly word count: 12 610

The last week of school is always bittersweet.  I love the summer and spending time with my kids, but it also means that my to-myself time gets cut very short.  

But I am in the final stretch for Deadly Potential.  About six chapters left to go based on the outline.  Which hopefully will also give me time to review it before I have to send it off anywhere.

I've learned that several authors will be pitching based on partial manuscripts or have multiple books to pitch.  And as much as I tell myself not to make comparisons, I find myself doing it anyway and wondering if I'm kidding myself.  But while I may not have a half-dozen manuscripts ready and waiting, I do have a solid, well-written one that I can discuss and promote.  It's not going to be for everyone, but for those who get excited about romantic paranormal suspense, they're not going to have to wait.

I'm proud of this book and I hope other people will be intrigued by it as well.  I've worked incredibly hard to make this a complete, polished manuscript.  I've got four other books which I'm also incredibly proud of, which shows that I work hard and complete projects.  If that's not good enough... then I can honestly say that it's what I have to offer and I have put all of my cards on the table.  

No comments:

Post a Comment