Monday 12 March 2018

Weekly Update: March 4 to 10

35 of 46 chapters edited, 11 days until the deadline.

No words written this week, at least not on my WIP.  I've done a fair amount of rewriting on Judgment to tighten up the ending.  It's coming together nicely and if I can keep up the pace, then I should not have a problem making my deadline.

It's been a very stressful week personally, with some challenges with my son's school.  I find it's really hard to keep my focus when I'm stressed.  Most of the time, I can compartmentalize but this week I found myself realizing that I'd spent the last twenty minutes brooding instead of editing.  I've had to up my musical accompaniment playlist to keep myself on track.  (More upbeat instead of smooth melodies.)

I've also been a little disappointed in the reach of my latest Facebook boost.  Usually I get a distribution of a couple hundred people and at least triple the usual numbers viewing the post.  This time, the numbers are a lot lower and I'm not getting the post views.  I'm not sure if Facebook has changed something or if its because I'm running the giveaway.  I'll have to do some experimenting to be sure.

It's March Break this week and I'm going to take advantage of the fact that camp runs longer than school to get extra writing time.  I've cleared my schedule and it's full speed ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment