Monday 23 May 2016

Weekly Upate: May 15 to 21

Weekly word count: 4100

It's been a rough week for writing this week, but I managed to chug through.  I've been working my way through a knotty plot point for the main confrontation in the middle of Inquisition.  I know where I want to go, but it's taking me a number of rewrites to figure out the best way to get there.  I think I've figured it out and now hopefully I can start moving forward a little faster again.

I had a great research evening looking into Mexican culture, food and festivals.  I was grateful to discover that my initial research was on track, but I'd missed a few points of emphasis.  Lesley and Rosa were both very gracious and open about their experiences and gave me some great material that I can use for Inquisition.

I've also been working on getting my swag together for Prose in the Park on June 4th.  I've been trying to decide whether to go with Hershey's kisses (could be tricky if the weather is warm enough to soften the chocolate) or chocolate heart-shaped snap cookies, more weather resistant but won't let me offer people "a kiss from a pretty lady".  I suppose I could offer them my heart, but it's not quite the same.

The national Romance Writers of America conference is coming up in July and I want to have something to put in the Goody Room.  I can't afford really cool swag so I was thinking of getting new postcards done up for Revelations with Deborah Cooke's endorsement on them.  I'll have to look into how much it would be to get 150 or so done up through Vistaprint.

No comments:

Post a Comment