Monday 7 December 2015

Weekly update: November 29th to December 5th

Weekly word count: 3800
Editing countdown: final polishing done, edits sent in

It's been nice to finish up with the edits for Metamorphosis and get started on Inquisition again.  I've been in touch with a few correctional officers and from what they've told me, I'm rewriting my first three chapters.  I don't think it will change where I want the story to go, but the framework I'd set up wasn't right, at least in relation to the parts in the prison.

ORWA had its' December meeting, with a great presentation on Scrooge's character arc in A Christmas Carol.  For those who haven't read the book, the Muppet version is a great adaptation.  Dickens really is a master of the 5 act structure.  It's all set up perfectly: the introduction to Scrooge, the Ghost of Christmas Past, the Ghost of Christmas Present, the Ghost of Christmas Future and Scrooge's redemption.  (Sorry, I know that's a spoiler, but I'm assuming most people are passingly familiar with the story.)

It was great getting to see everyone, even though I'm now starting to feel the nerves about my own workshop in January.  (January 10th at 2pm at Centrepoint, Ben Franklin Place, if you're in the Ottawa area!)

2015 is rapidly drawing to a close.  Overall, I think it's been a pretty good year and I'm proud of what I've accomplished. 

No comments:

Post a Comment