Monday 28 December 2015

December 20th to 26th

Weekly word count: 1500

Okay, I had a plan and it was a good one.  I arranged to have help for two afternoons last week so that I could write.  But the universe had other plans.  For the first day, one of my kids had a stomach flu, so I cancelled the sitter.  (Making the sitter sick = bad)  I did get some writing done, but nowhere near the amount I was hoping for.

Second day, it was my turn to be sick.  I have not yet reached the point in my skills where I can write beautiful fiction from the bathroom.  It's a personality flaw, I suppose.

At least we managed to all be healthy for the holidays, so I will accept that as at least a little bit of a win.

I should hear about my line edits sometime next week.  I have the week off, with plans to have a good time with my boys before they go back to school.  So I'm not going to put too much pressure on myself.  That can wait for January 4th when I start back on the regular program of balancing writing and day job while the kids are at school.

No comments:

Post a Comment