Monday 27 April 2015

Weekly Update: April 19-25

Weekly word count: 1000

Since I did not reach my weekly word count last week or the week before, I've decided to set myself a consequence.  As all good geeks know, Avengers: Age of Ultron comes out on Friday.  My husband and I have passes to see it.  I've been eagerly awaiting this since I saw the first Joss Whedon Avengers movie.

If I don't have 4000 words by Friday, then I can't see the movie.  That should light a fire under me.

Last week was a bit of an up and down week.  I got my first less than enthusiastic review and discovered I was not quite as ready for it as I'd hoped.  However, I've gotten lots of encouragement from both private and public sources.  Thanks to everyone who reached out.

On the up side (which is the side I am focusing on), I'm getting a great response for my two giveaways.  Almost 400 people have signed up for the Amazon gift card and 260 for the copies of Revelations.  I'm also going to be getting my First Book Award from ORWA at our 30th anniversary celebration.  That's pretty awesome, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment