Monday 27 October 2014

October 19-25

Chapters edited: 24 (out of 35)
Days to deadline: 45

I'm feeling pretty good about how things are going.  I should finish up in plenty of time to be able to give myself a week or so after finishing the chapter edit before going back and doing a final polish before the line edit begins.

I'm starting to get my toes wet on promotion.  I sent an email to Sherrilyn Kenyon's assistant asking if she would be interested in looking at my novel and doing a promotional blurb.  I also looked up how to ask Jeaniene Frost, but all requests to her have to go through her agent and I'm having trouble finding an appropriate way to contact her.  I'm also considering asking Tanya Huff and Jenna Black.  Tanya Huff's books are really funny, but they tend to be lighter than Revelations and Jenna Black's books are more intense, so I'm not sure if they're good fits but I do really like their writing and I feel it is close.

This week, I need to get my IRS tax information started.  I also need to start assembling a list of book review sites and start asking if anyone is interested in doing an ARC (Advance Review Copy) review.

For the last couple of weeks I've been trying to meet up with a friend to get my Facebook site up and running properly.  But life keeps interfering.  For some reason, I just can't figure it out on my own.  I'm user-interface-challenged that way.

No comments:

Post a Comment