Thursday 5 December 2019

Reclaiming My HEA: Being Open to Possibilities

Reclaiming My HEA is a regular feature about my separation and divorce.  I'm learning a lot of lessons about myself and finding the balance between romantic hope and practical reality.

Something happened a little while ago.  Nothing huge or life-shattering but another necessary step along the way to reclaiming my own happiness.

It's a holiday miracle!  (kind of)
I'm not usually a woman who gets flirted with, at least not a serious basis (or not in non-scuzzy ways which is a story for another time).  The other day, I had a pleasant moment of flirtation with a gentleman while waiting for an appointment.

I've had moments like this before.  They are exceptionally rare (as in one every few years), and when they happen, I am usually preoccupied with managing expectations as I don't want to cross lines.

I was doing that this time as well, and suddenly it occurred to me that I don't have to.  That if I met an attractive man who was interested in me, there is no longer anything preventing me from exploring that.

There are, of course, still other concerns, such as personal safety and protecting my children.  But there's no blanket impossibility.

This particular flirtation went nowhere and frankly, I don't think I would have wanted it to go anywhere else.  But it was a reminder that there are people out there who will find me interesting and attractive.  That I am no longer restricted by what was.

For now, that little step of freedom is enough for me.

Previous Reclaiming My HEA: Reigniting Romantic Hope

Previous Blogpost: Hidden Diamond: Julie K. Cohen's Colorado Shifters

Blog homepage

No comments:

Post a Comment