Thursday 24 October 2019

Release Day Thoughts

Yesterday, Deadly Potential made its way out into the world.

This is my fifth release day for a new novel and I've discovered that these days go a little differently than I would have thought.

Before my first novel released, I thought I'd be overjoyed with excitement on release day, full of tons of extra energy.  And I am excited.  I like getting to share my stories with people.

But release day is also overwhelming.  It's a lot to put something I've worked so hard on out into the world and ask strangers to exchange their hard-earned money for it.  (And hopefully have them enjoy it!)

For my first few releases, I left a lot of work to the last minute and then discovered I didn't have the energy to deal with it in a timely matter.  This time, I planned a lot more in advance and found things went a whole lot smoother.

There's a number of things that I do for a new release.  But my favourite is my chapter by chapter author commentary (Under the Covers).  When I feel tired and overwhelmed, the memories in the commentary remind me of how eager I was at the beginning of the writing process and the good times I had along the way.

I hope that my readers appreciate it, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment