Monday 8 April 2019

Weekly Update: March 31 to April 6

I've been working on Division this week but also allowing myself a bit of recharge from the frantic pace of trying to both edit and write for a month.

I can also (and with much gratitude) say that I think I've finally gotten the PDF situation for Spirit Sight sorted out.  Many thank yous to my friend who saved me from having to buy a $250 US program, plus pay to run a Mac simulator.

I still want to have my books in Ingram but I'm now understanding why some authors don't.  It's a lot of work and the platform isn't very flexible.  Initially, I thought having my books on Ingram would be a savings (since they don't charge the same customs and shipping fees that Createspace did) but if I have to spend this much time and money to create each PDF, I'm going to have to do some serious thinking about the cost effectiveness.

(It's a moot situation right now, since Ingram won't accept any of the lalassu books because Amazon still has them on extended distribution.)

Hopefully once this initial fuss is over, things will flow more smoothly with Ingram.  Because I'd much rather be concentrating on creating new stories than wrestling with PDF formatting.

No comments:

Post a Comment