Monday 10 July 2017

Weekly Update: July 2 to 8

Weekly word count: 2800

I was really hoping to do better this week, and I had these grand plans to bang out some pages while travelling, but once again, the reality of travelling with my family meant I was crazy to believe that.

I love my boys and my husband but I have to remember that they don't travel well.  They are all homebodies at heart and get very unsettled when pulled out of their normal routine and environment.  I'm a more adventurous soul and keep hoping that my love of travel will rub off on them and transform them from reluctant travelers into eager explorers.  

Hasn't happened yet.  Don't get me wrong, they do seem to enjoy some parts of the experience but it takes a lot of work on my part to achieve that.

Still, I keep hoping.

As I type, we're in Alberta, enjoying the sunshine and mountain air of Calgary and Banff.  I'm a firm believer that every Canadian should experience the Calgary Stampede at least once in their lifetime.  I have fond memories of it from when I was a child and we have family in the area, so it's been on my wishlist for quite awhile.

Hopefully I'll still get some good writing time in.  Or maybe I'm still just crazy.

No comments:

Post a Comment