Monday 5 October 2015

Weekly update: September 26 to October 3

Weekly word count: 2000

Not my best week but considering how much overtime I ended up doing in my day job to catch up, I'm not going to be too hard on myself.  This week will be better.

We had a great presentation at Ottawa Romance Writers this weekend, a representative from the Ottawa Public Library came to talk to us about how to add books to the collection.  It's relatively easy for those who have traditionally published books but for self-published, it's a little trickier.  I got a chance to speak to her about Revelations and discovered that it may not have been rejected.  The English fiction acquisition supervisor has been away on maternity leave.  She asked me to email her and she'll let me know where things stand.  (Yay!)

There is also apparently a Suggest to Purchase form which Ottawa Library card holders can complete if there is a relatively new book published in the last two years which they would like to see added to the collection.

I also began ordering my swag for Can-Con and I'm tempted to get so many things.  I'm trying to keep things simple and affordable though.  I'm putting together little treat bags for the trick or treating on Saturday.  I'm really looking forward to it.

I'm getting antsy about getting my developmental edits back for Metamorphosis.  I'm reminding myself to have realistic expectations (I will not receive back a manuscript which says either "You are a writing god!" or "Don't quit your day job!").  I'm looking forward to finally getting to share it with everyone and it's hard to wait through this process, even though I know it will result in a better book.

No comments:

Post a Comment