Monday 25 May 2015

Weekly Update: May 17th to 23rd

Weekly word count: 4500

I'm working on one of the big climatic events for Metamorphosis and it's been very exciting.  This is a scene I've had in my head since the very beginning of writing the book.  It's good to finally get it out on paper. 

I've also been working on quote cards for Revelations.  I've seen them around, with a picture (usually a stock photo) and a quote from the book.  I'll be putting them out during the summer for everyone to see.  And just to add another project to my list, I've been doing work on my Beyond the Furrowed Brow workshop, about the different physical reactions to the core emotions.  (There are lots of interesting automatic reactions, like jerking one's chin forward when angry.)

I ordered my buttons from Six Cent Press and I got notice today that they've been shipped.  I can't wait to see them. 

And I survived camping with my son over the weekend.  I love him and he had a wonderful time but I am desperately glad to be back in the land of indoor plumbing. 

Things are definitely moving forward at a satisfying pace.  I probably won't have the first draft of Metamorphosis ready by July first but I don't think I'll be too far behind.  And I'm going to be having a brainstorming session with my friends and writing partners for a cool title for my ghost story, to be released in September. 

Next weekend is Prose in the Park and after that is ORWA's 30th anniversary lunch.  Lots to look forward to!

It's busy, busy.  But good.

No comments:

Post a Comment