Thursday 12 February 2015

The Fun of De-inspiration

Okay, I'll admit up front that I'm a little weird this way but I like de-inspirational quotes.  Over my desk I have a poster for Procrastination: Put off to tomorrow what you can do today and you may get out of doing it altogether.

Yesterday, I ran across a Churchill quote: Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm.  Instantly I thought of Einstein's definition of insanity: Doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.

Inspirational quotes and pictures leave me feeling like I'm just not trying hard enough.  Like comparing myself to the supermom down the street who grows her own organic vegetables and always seems to be engaged in some creative yet educational activity with her two kids.

De-inspirational stuff makes me laugh and reminds me not to take myself too seriously.  Being serious adds pressure to everything.  Having a laugh gives me the space to accept the possibility of failure and try anyway.

So I'm going to go from failure to failure and still enjoy myself.  And I'm going to be insane and expect different results each time I give it another try.  Successful and crazy sounds like a great set of qualities to aspire to.

No comments:

Post a Comment