Monday 14 October 2019

Weekly Update: Oct 6-12

Weekly word count: 1045

Not a big total for this week, but I was concentrating on editing Division.  I've made some good progress on it and I'm back on track for my December 1st deadline.

I've also been struggling with a bit of a downswing in mood.  I'm feeling tired and worn out and as if my efforts will all be ultimately fruitless.  I know enough to recognize these feelings as inaccurate but it doesn't make it easier to work through them.  

This kind of downswing tends to happen before most of my releases.  It makes sense.  Every new release means taking a risk and hoping people enjoy my stories.  That's stressful, no matter how many of them I've gone through.

However, I can reassure myself that I have done everything I need to do in order to make sure my books are entertaining and well-written.  They tell stories that I care about: about people finding that they are not limited by their own or others' expectations, that love and respect are always possibilities, and that our fondest dreams are only the starting point for the happiness that lies in store.

No comments:

Post a Comment