Monday 13 August 2018

Weekly Update: August 6-11

Weekly word count: 3782

This week, my day job was shut down so I had the week off.  Usually I drive myself very hard during such opportunities but since this was my first week getting back to writing, I gave myself permission to take it slowly.

I'm glad I did because it took me much longer than I would have expected to get back into both the world of the Spirit Sight short stories and the mindset of writing.  I've got my key plot points for the short story but my brain is being a little sluggish in throwing up the ideas on how to get from one to the next.  But that's understandable after pushing myself so hard during May, June and July and taking almost four weeks off of regular writing.

Even though it's harder than expected, it feels really good to get back at the keyboard and letting that side of myself explore freely again.  The ideas are starting to percolate for Book 5 of the Lalassu, Division and I'm looking forward to starting that one as well once the short story is done.

I got another response from my RWA pitches and sadly it was another rejection.  I'm not particularly surprised by this one as I didn't think I would be a good fit at that agency but I got a very nice personalized note of encouragement.  Two rejections and seven still pending.  Fingers crossed!  I had two fortune cookies last night which both promised success in business, so now I'm waiting for the universe to follow suit. 


No comments:

Post a Comment