Monday 28 August 2017

Weekly update: August 20 to 26

Weekly word count: 3700

For a week where my kids decided that Mommy on the computer meant "this is a good time to ask for a snack/screentime/to go outside/etc." I think I did pretty well. 

There are only 8 days left until the most wonderful time of the year.  Then I will have peace and quiet again in which to write.  Which probably means I'll spend some time staring at the wall and wondering where everyone is.

On the excitement front, we got a new kitten this week.  She is two months old and adorable and will be featured heavily on my Twitter feed at @jclewisupdate.  I am officially the kitten's grandmother, since she is my son's pet.  He's doing a very good job at taking care of her, which gives me both surprise and a great deal of pride.

Work continues on Judgment.  I had an insight which will strengthen the central conflict of the book, so I'm pretty excited about it.  Usually I have the first chapter in the previous book, which locks me into certain things, but this time I've got some more freedom, which is nice.

It's been a difficult summer for me.  Lots of good things, but also more challenges than I expected.  If I'd known how it was all going to go, I would have done some things differently.  But I'm trying not to be too hard on myself because I couldn't have known and I made the best decisions I could with the information I had.  Since expecting perfection from myself is usually a trigger to deep depression, I have to be gentle.

No comments:

Post a Comment