Monday 26 September 2016

Weekly Update: September 18 to 24

Weekly word count: 3350

I was hoping to get an hour or two on Saturday to write but since my husband spent most of Friday night at work, I am on parenting duty while he catches up on some sleep.

The ORWA/OPL event went great despite a couple of goofs on my part.  It was my first time moderating and, although I think I did fairly well keeping people on time and moving forward, there were some inevitable mistakes.  I think we generated a lot of interest and hopefully we'll get some new members from it.

Rose on the Grave is coming together but probably won't be ready for October 1st, but should still be out in plenty of time for Hallowe'en.

I should be getting my cover for Inquisition soon and I'm excited and a little nervous.  There are a lot of changes going on right now for the trends for romance covers, so I'll be curious to see whether the cover follows the familiar tropes or if it breaks into developing territory.

And the other fun development this week was that the San Diego Romance Writers got in touch with me and we're looking at arranging for me to fly back out to San Diego and give my Beyond the Furrowed Brow workshop sometime in 2017.

Lots of stuff on the go but things are definitely moving in the right direction.

No comments:

Post a Comment