Monday 6 July 2015

Weekly Update: June 28 to July 4

Weekly word count: 5950

Things are moving along well with Metamorphosis.  I'm really looking forward to getting to the finale and then going back and tightening everything up.  I've spoken to my first round of beta-readers and let them know where I am.

I also had a really fun session with my friends on what kind of swag to invest in.  They gave me some great ideas to look into, including some I wouldn't have come up with on my own.  With luck I can be ready for conference season next year. 

The first week of summer actually went smoother than I thought it would.  So far I'm managing a good balance of having fun with the kids and still getting my work done.  I find it's actually going smoothly enough that I'm waiting for the other shoe to drop.  Maybe it's too many years of watching Joss Whedon, if you're happy, something horrible is about to happen. 

I've gotten a good reaction from my first Friday quote card.  I've got a whole series planned for the summer, so I hope to build up some buzz for Whispers in the Dark and Metamorphosis.  I hope everyone enjoys this week's offering as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment