Thursday 28 May 2015

Prose In the Park Coming Soon

It's only a little over a week to go until Prose in the Park, the Ottawa Literary Festival (June 6th).  I'm going to be with the Ottawa Romance Writers at their table, selling copies of Revelations and giving away my recently acquired swag. 

Things get started at 11 am for the public and go until 6 pm.  We're at the Parkdale Park which is near the corner of Parkdale and Wellington.

Map of Parkdale Park

This is going to be my first big promotional event and I'm quite excited about it.  After careful consideration, I've decided to price the paperback of Revelations at $ 15 each, which is cheaper than the $ 16 on Amazon and people won't have to pay shipping.  I'll also be giving away little buttons with quotes from the book.  I've ordered 20 copies of the book which are now sitting in my closet.

My only regret is that because I'll be at the table all day, I won't get a chance to actually go and listen to the speakers and panels.  John Farrow is doing a book launch at 2, there's a sci-fi panel at 12 and a panel on First Nations literature at 3 followed by a graphic novel panel at 4.  Maybe I can convince one of my fellow ORWAns to watch my stuff while I take a look.

If you're in the Ottawa area, I hope you'll take the time to check it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment