Monday 9 March 2015

Weekly update: March 1-7

Word count: 6300

I'm pretty pleased with myself this week.  I had one of those golden writing days on Friday when everything just flows and managed to write over 3000 words in a few hours.  It was awesome, especially since the week was pretty disruptive and I thought I was going to have to post a failure to achieve my totals.

I also got my first independent review from Tome Tender and it was very encouraging.  It's quite exciting to realize that someone I don't know likes my story and thinks it's worth sharing.

I've also been getting excited about Romancing the Capital which will be my first conference as a published author.  There's an Alice in Wonderland theme dinner on Friday night, which I am almost obligated to attend.  I'm trying to decide if I have enough time to make myself a Red Queen costume.  (It'll mean driving for at least an hour to pick up fabric to make plus finding time to sew ... but it would be so much fun.  And an excuse to wear a tiara, which is always awesome.) 

No comments:

Post a Comment