Monday 10 September 2018

Weekly Update: September 2 to 8

Weekly word count: 5 669

Ah, the most wonderful time of the year: back to school!  I love spending the summer with my kids and doing all the fun summer stuff like going swimming and spending time at the park or going on little mini road trips.  But it's nice when they head out the door with their backpacks and I know I'll have several hours to myself to both do my day job and get some writing done.

I decided to take a major plot change for the third Spirit Sight short story but I'm much happier with the new idea.  I also think I've come up with a great title: Third Eye Open.

I got a really great writing day on Thursday.  The ideas and words were flowing.  It's been awhile since I had a day like that and it was a really encouraging day for me.

I'm looking forward to ORWA's Tanya Huff's workshop next weekend.  She's been an inspiration to me for a long time and is also such a genuinely nice and generous person as well as being a talented writer.  It'll also be great to see all my ORWA friends again after the summer break.

I know that January is the start of the calendar year, but to me the year always starts in September.  It's the start of a new cycle and a new routine.


No comments:

Post a Comment