Monday 27 August 2018

Weekly Update: August 19 to 25


Weekly word count: 5170

For the first time in a long while, I feel like I'm in a good groove for writing.  I'm not pushing myself at a frenetic pace and I'm also making good progress.  This week I was able to do a thousand words for four out of the five days.  I'm going to keep on with that as a goal for the next little while but then I'd like to see if I can increase it to 1500 a day.  It would be really awesome if I could do 2000 a day, but I'm not sure if I have the writing time and energy for that.

The bad news is that I may not have the updated versions of the Spirit Sight short stories or the new one ready before Halloween, which is a little disappointing but that's how life works sometimes.

I'm debating whether or not I'll do another holiday short story this year.  It was fun doing one last year but I don't have any ideas jumping out at me.

Other than that, life is all about getting things ready for back to school after Labour Day.  I'm looking forward to getting back into a solid routine where both kids are occupied on a predictable schedule.  I've enjoyed having them home for the summer but I'm ready to have the house to myself again.




No comments:

Post a Comment