Monday 30 July 2018

Weekly Update: July 22 to 28

This week's accomplishments: I got all of the query requests out from the speed pitch sessions and I painted my bathroom.

I sent out six full manuscripts and three partials.  Thus far, I've gotten one rejection back, but still keeping my fingers crossed for the others.  I'm encouraging myself that she read it quickly and got back to me quickly, so she was at least intrigued by the concept.  Though I now find myself wondering what didn't work about it.

This experience has brought to light one of the biggest differences between independent and traditional publishing.  With independent publishing, an author puts their work out there and works to find the audience who wants to read it.  With traditional, the author needs to find one crucial fan first: either an agent or an editor.  It's a more intense process with fewer opportunities for success, but bigger results when it works out.

But I don't have time to brood.  This week is Romancing the Capital and I have been looking forward to it for the last year.  I can't wait to see everyone and have a chance to share my books with the readers!

No comments:

Post a Comment