Monday 23 April 2018

Weekly update: April 15 to 21

Weekly word count: 4903

Not bad considering I got my line edits at the end of last week and have been spending two-three hours a day going through them.

This is the point in the process where I wish English was a more precise language with more definite dos and don'ts when it comes to punctuation, grammar, spelling, and style (like when to use italics and when not to).  Most of the time, I love the flexibility that allows for so much nuance and depth.  But not when I have to justify why I want to use a colon instead of a comma.  And both are technically right.

Deadly Potential is flowing nicely.  After this, I should be able to mostly concentrate on writing the manuscript, though there's still plenty to do for Judgment (like make up quote cards) and for the start of conference season.  I don't think I was ever under the delusion that writing was an easy career, but I still didn't imagine anything near this workload.

No comments:

Post a Comment