Monday 12 June 2017

Weekly Update: June 4 to 11

Weekly word count: 2400

I was aiming for four writing days in the week and I got three.  I'm still finding it hard to concentrate and find the words but it's improving.

These days I'm finding the list of other things I need/want to do weighs on me much more than it used to.  Perhaps I got too much out of the rhythm of writing while I was off on medical leave and now I have to retrain my mind to get back to that process.

It's probably also the depression, which definitely has its teeth in me.  Everything feels stale and trite.  But I also know what works for me to get through it: ignore my own feelings because they are lying to me.  The world is not solely difficult and harsh.  There will always be moments of joy, even in the worst circumstances.  And even though I feel this way now, I will not feel this way forever.  I will get through it.

It's easier said than done, but it at least keeps me from doing anything particularly stupid while in the throes of my own Black Moment.  

Now I'm going to buckle down and get back to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment