Monday 11 July 2016

Weekly update: July 3 to 9

Weekly update: 4150 words

It was a rough week to get things done.  I had a bunch of appointments and errands which had to happen before I left for San Diego.  I also had to make sure my presentation was ready for the workshop.

I ended up taking two hours to write on Saturday since I had less than 2000 words done at that point.  I'm glad I did since I was starting to get into an overwhelmed "I'm no good" head space and it was a good reality check.

I'm looking forward to the Romance Writers of America conference, even if the idea of leaving my family for a week is nerve-wracking.  It's going to be an intense experience.  I've been told to prepare for a whirlwind of activity but thus far, everyone seems very positive.

I'm hoping to get a chance to network with other writers, learn from the workshops and have a good time.  I've never been to San Diego and I'm hoping to get a chance to see some of the city as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment