Monday 28 March 2016

Weekly Update: March 20 to 27

Weekly word count: 4010

Just squeaked through but made it.

This has actually been a difficult week for me.  Not quite sure why things are hitting me so hard, but I've been finding myself waking up in the middle of the night with a to-do list running through my head like an old clackety teletype machine.  Loud, repetitive and impossible to ignore.

At first, I tried my usual "write it down to deal with in the morning and try to go back to sleep" technique, but it hasn't been working.

I've found myself burning the midnight oil (as well as the 2 am, 3 am and 4 am oil), which has left me exhausted during the day and more prone to talking to myself.  Thus far, luckily no one has decided I've tipped over the edge into worrisomely crazy.

Maybe I've just had too many commitments in the air to balance of late.  Or maybe I'm just feeling worn out as winter continues to intermittently cling on.  This time of year is usually difficult for me, add in post-release promotion and the upcoming flurry of events in May, and maybe I've officially tipped it over the edge of what I can handle without consequences.

And yet, there is no aspect of my life that I would choose to give up if someone offered me peace in exchange.  (Okay, maybe the day job.  Although I do like it, I would certainly love more time during the day to write and deal with the business of writing.)

So I guess I just have to keep crossing things off the list and hopefully, I'll get my nights and my dreams back where they belong.

No comments:

Post a Comment