Monday 8 December 2014

November 30th to December 6th

Up until yesterday I was feeling pretty good about my week.  I'd finished my changes for my line edit but decided to give myself one more go through before sending it in on Monday.  I'd written 2000 new words.  I registered for an ISBN and got my Kindle Direct Publishing account going for Amazon.  I was feeling pretty awesome. 

First downturn, annoying but not too bad: our dishwasher needed to be replaced.  It's been acting up for awhile, overflowing and refusing to drain properly.  We decided to go ahead and get a new one.

Second downturn, frightening but could have been worse: car accident.  I got rear ended with my son in the backseat on Saturday.  He was terrified (as was I).  We had been on our way to the movies but he was so upset I ended up taking him home instead.  Luckily, only minor damage to the car.  I'll find out more on Monday when I take the car to the garage.

Third downturn, frustrating and my own darn fault.  I check my email on Sunday morning and realize there are two notes from my editor reminding me that I was supposed to send in my manuscript on Friday, not Monday.  I am hugely upset at myself because I saw that in the original terms but didn't write it down on the calendar and so didn't remember.  I know better than to do that and I did it anyway.  This is entirely my fault.  Even more frustrating, the darn thing was ready!  I had it good to go.

I sent it in as soon as I saw.  But I know there's a good chance that I will have missed my spot and will have to pay for it anyway.  One more thing to be on edge about.  My stomach is churning with wondering how badly I've screwed things up.

I'm trying to repeat my usual mantra that everyone makes mistakes and so I should accept, learn and move on.  But I don't think it'll be effective until I know just what the impact of this weekend will be.

No comments:

Post a Comment