Monday, 1 December 2014

November 23 to 29

Days to deadline: 9

Search and destroy for overused words is done.  Chapter evening is done.

Just one more read-through and then I can send it in for the line edit.

I've decided the part of the editing process which I dislike the most is replacing overused words, particularly when my brain insists on choosing another two or three overused words as replacements.  I think I've found a good balance but words can start to lose all meaning when they're constantly flashing in front of your face.

I finished the search and destroy on Wednesday and spent the rest of the week polishing my ghost hunter short story.  I desperately need a good title for it.  I am awful at coming up with titles.  Either they come to me in a brilliant burst of intuition or I stick something together and work with it, all the while grumbling that there has to be something better out there if I could only think it up.

I'm looking forward to getting back to writing again instead of editing.  I like creating new stories and I miss it.  Granted, I have a chunk of rewriting to do on the Revelations sequel (another book in dire need of a good title), but I'll still get to push further into the lalassu universe.  Which will make me happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment