Technically, November 9th to 17th.
Chapter by chapter revision done. 21 days to due date for line revisions.
My story has gone from 80 000 words to 95 000, which suggests I have some trimming to do.
But I've got three weeks to get it done. Which should be good, although I still don't think I can afford to slack off. Ideally I'd like to have one week where I work on something else before going through and doing a final read-through. I'm not sure if I'll get that but I'll figure something out.
I'm much happier with the revised ending. It fits together in a stronger way. I've done a little more research and I won't be able to include song lyrics, even if I cite the song. That's too bad. It seems a little strange to not allow people to use lyrics which are clearly audible in the original product. I can understand complaints if an author claimed to be making up the lyrics but if it's clearly cited, then that's not a concern. But very little in legal land makes sense to me. And I am all in favour of not being sued.
It's been an exhausting week. My kids had stomach flu and we got our first major snowfall about three weeks before the usual time. Ah well, at least it puts me in the mood for thinking about the sequel.
Despite feeling worn out, I still feel proud about what I've accomplished and what I'm doing. There's a little Negative Nelly in the back of my head which whispers that I'm kidding myself about anyone wanting to read this book. But I'm doing it anyway.