Monday 15 September 2014

September 7-13

Word count: 3200.

Too much life interference.  Teachers meetings, school paperwork, doctor's appointments, all sort of glommed together on this week.

But I did get one very amazing and awesome surprise.  I got some preliminary text layout for my cover:


I really like it.  I like the gothic-esque lettering.  I love having my name on the bottom.  I can't wait to see what kind of art imagery Streetlight comes up with.

Perhaps it's egotistical, but having something like this makes everything feel more real.  Sometime soon, I'm going to be holding a copy of my book in my hands.  A book I imagined, wrote, rewrote and shaped.  A story which didn't exist until I put it out there.

I hope I never get jaded and blasé about that excitement.  I hope it always feels as jump-up-and-down, do-a-dance happy as it does right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment