Monday 6 May 2019

Weekly Update: April 28 to May 4

Retreat word count: 20 518 words on Division

It feels very good to have a big chunk of progress behind me.  There's about 10-20k left to finish the draft.  Which hopefully should be doable before June 1st.

The retreat was very lovely with good weather and some awesome companions (waving hi to Anne Lange and Valerie Twombly) but I found myself going through some emotional ups and downs.  It's a sign that I need to listen to myself more because I've been pushing myself too hard.

I'm not quite sure what to do about it.  There's too much that needs to be taken care of and no one else that can do it.  But I have to keep remembering that I won't get it done if I drive myself into exhaustion.  And I need to remind myself of what I've accomplished, which is impressive.

However, I'm also very ready for something to go smoothly for once.

No comments:

Post a Comment