Monday 5 December 2016

Weekly Update: November 27th to December 3rd

Weekly word count: 5300

It's been nice to concentrate on writing again, although there have been a number of days where I've had to deal with everyday life things which I've been pushing aside while I deal with editing.  

I've been doing a lot of research about the music industry and songwriting.  I'm enjoying putting together the new manuscript and I'm in the early excited stage where I can't wait to share it.  But there's still a lot of work before it'll even be ready to share with my early readers.  I'm trying to think of at least a temporary title.  (Since I'm planning to pitch this to an agent for the big New York publishers, they will probably decide on the title which ends up on the book.)

I'm also trying to think of a title for book four of the lalassu.  Those who follow me regularly know that titles always come slowly for me.  I'll have to sit down with my friends and do some title brainstorming over the holidays.

On the personal side, I managed to decorate our house for the holidays over the course of this week.  I usually try to get it all done in one day and end up being cranky, frustrated and decidedly non-festive by the end of it.  This time, I did it in short spurts and I'm not wiped out, so I think I have a new strategy for upcoming years.

Next week will probably be less productive but I still want to get at least 4000 words done.  

No comments:

Post a Comment