Monday 27 June 2016

Weekly Update: June 19th to 25th

Weekly word count: 5000

The word count is slightly less impressive than it looks on first glance.  I went back to the beginning of Inquisition and began doing rewrites, adding description and changing some details to improve flow and consistency.  I've done 6 chapters, adding or redoing 500-1000 words for each of them.

I've also been working hard on getting my blog articles ready for Superpower month on the Fantasy-Futuristic and Paranormal online chapter of RWA.  One is a look at the downside of having superpowers (the cape doesn't come for free!) and the other suggests ways to make sure that character's powers stay consistent and as realistic as possible.  

And the other project occupying my attention is putting the final polish on my workshop for RWA's national conference in San Diego.  I want to make sure that my speaking time only goes for 45-50 minutes, so there's time for questions if people are interested.

There's a lot to take care of and I'll be honest and admit that I'm feeling overwhelmed by it.  I think I have somewhat overextended myself and while I'll be able to get it all done, I won't be taking on any new projects until I have Inquisition and Rose on the Grave more in hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment