Didn't quite make my total this week: 3500 words.
However, I have a very productive time in plotting out the sequel's overall story line. I had a plot line before I got started, but something about it didn't feel right. It gritted against my creative instincts, like sandpaper. So I spent one of my writing periods ripping it apart and putting it back together again.
Now I feel like I have a plot I can be excited about, not one I'm dreading having to fix later.
I'm also starting to suspect that I have too many characters and I'm going to have to trim the field a little. A few of them can be combined without issue but I'm a little sad to lose some interesting backstories.